Hand & Shoulder Therapy
If you have a shoulder, elbow, wrist, or hand injury or problem and are needing a therapist – only one physical therapist in Charleston, WV is also a CERTIFIED HAND THERAPIST. Combined with unmatched upper extremity experience, a convenient location with plenty of on-site parking, and compassionate/friendly service – the choice of where to go and who to see should be easy:
IMPROVE Physical Therapy & Hand Center, LLC
TODD WARNER, PT, CHT, Cert. MDT, OWNER.
Upper Extremity / Hand Therapy Experience and Credentials:
1. Graduated from West Virginia University with Honors in 1993 with a Bachelors Degree in Physical Therapy.
2. Lead Hand Therapist at CAMC Sports Medicine from 1996-2000.
3. Director of Therapies and Lead Hand Therapist at Montgomery General Hospital from 2000-2003.
4. Founder, 100% Owner, and Lead Hand Therapist at Dynamic Physical Therapy & Hand Center, LLC from 2003-April 2015.
5. Founder, 100% Owner, and Lead Hand Therapist at IMPROVE Physical Therapy & Hand Center, LLC in August 2017 in Kanawha City – Suite 1, 4522 MacCorkle AVE SE, Charleston, WV, 25304. 26 Convenient parking spaces on location.
6. Received initial National Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) Certification in 2000. Only 11 therapists had achieved this certification in West Virginia at that time. Presently, there are only 26 licensed CHTs in West Virginia – and only one PT, CHT in Charleston, WV. To become certified, a therapist must have 2000 hours working with upper extremity (arm)/ hand patients and pass a national examination which includes topics on the entire upper extremity (shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand).
7. Achieved National Certified Hand Therapist Re-certification in 2005, 2010, and 2015 (the only therapist in the Charleston area to have been certified 4 times at the time).
8. The most experienced Nationally Certified Hand Therapist in the Charleston, West Virginia area.
9. Attended hundreds of hours of continuing education on hand therapy and splinting, including a week long tutorial with Hand Surgeons and Therapists at the Philadelphia Hand Center (2005).
10. He personally (5 years) or the business he founded, 100% owned, and operated was awarded “Best Physical Therapist” by Readers of the Charleston Newspapers 10 years in a row (2004 – 2013).
11. Developed a Hand Therapy and Splinting Manual (2008) that is still being used in physician offices in the Charleston Area.
12. Has fabricated thousands of custom splints for hand and upper extremity patients. Splints all have Medicare approved codes and have been insurance approved for reimbursement by Medicare, Brickstreet, PEIA, Aetna, BC/BS, and nearly every other payer. Insurances are called for pre-authorization when necessary.
13. Has also provided and properly fit thousands of Off-the-shelf or Prefabricated splints for hand and upper extremity patients.
14. Has treated over 8,000 different patients with Hand/Wrist injuries in the past 24 years and has received referrals from over 400 physicians.
15. Has worked very closely with dozens of the area’s best Orthopedic and Plastic Surgeons who specialize in treatment of and surgery of Hand and Upper Extremity Injuries.
16. Besides treating common hand and upper extremity injuries and diagnoses (carpal tunnel, trigger finger, sprains, tendonitis, etc.), Mr. Warner also assists the area’s best surgeons with treatment of major trauma cases by providing the necessary splinting and therapy for upper extremity complex injuries, tendon repairs, nerve repairs, amputations, and fractures.
No one in our area can match these credentials or our compassion.
If you need therapy for your shoulder, elbow, wrist, or hand – we are the place to come.
Please give us a call to ask questions or schedule an appointment.